India Basin combines the existing India Basin Shoreline Park area and 900 Innes Avenue parcel into one huge 10-acre waterfront park development that closes a critical gap in the San Francisco Bay Trail.
The property is also the mid-point of the 1.5 mile-long India Basin shoreline, which is comprised of 7 properties totaling 64 acres – 6 of 7 of which are already in some stage of development.
India Basin will include walking and biking pathways, hiking trails and boardwalks that connect the public to the streets, plazas and parks, buildings and infrastructure. The public will be able to get to the shoreline and have straight access to the Bay.
Bicycle and pedestrian pathways will connect India Basin to Hunters Point and surrounding sites, as well as the citywide network of bicycle and pedestrian routes.
The development will include a Public Market, a wide range of key public services and retail amenities, small-scale neighborhood plazas, the Big Green and Shoreline open spaces, the Cove Terrace, the Town Triangle, and The Beach.
- India Basin will feature 1,575 residential units, approximately 200,000 square feet of commercial space, approximately 15.5 acres of publicly accessible open space, and up to 1,800 parking spaces.
- The multi-family residential mixed-use development will be surrounded by wild and serene shorelines, wetlands, tidal marsh, grassland/wildflower meadows, and native and adaptive gardens.
- Also in the development are active recreation areas for bicyclists and pedestrians, urban plazas, and hillside, flat, and pocket courtyards.
- India Basin is located in the south-eastern quadrant of the City of San Francisco, at the heart of the Bay Area. The larger Bayview Hunters Point neighborhood—of which India Basin is part—features ready access to downtown San Francisco, Oakland (OAK) and San Francisco International Airports (SFO), South San Francisco, San Mateo, and other peninsula communities.
- India Basin is a sustainable development project that will feature buildings with smart, site-specific green roofs, on-site renewables, Direct DC for parking site lighting, battery storages, an on-site waste water treatment, and 100% stormwater treated on-site. Truly a model of progressive sustainability.